Students commonly enroll in courses to gain knowledge about a specific subject. The course prepares them for graduation or enables them to receive a certificate. An average course lasts one academic term.
What is a Course in Hotel Management? This is a class aimed to help students gain knowledge about the hospitality industry. The focus of these classes is typically related to management, operations and strategy. Some classes also teach about tourism and restaurant management to better prepare students for future work. There are also courses available that are more hands-on. For example, a student might be able to complete an internship with a hospitality company. Some classes provide training and lecturing. Typically, these classes have a low teacher to student ratio.
The benefits of taking a Course in Hotel Management are extremely valuable. Students often receive a lot of on-the-job training so they are more qualified after they graduate. Also, there are multiple management classes available, allowing students to gain in-depth knowledge of the hospitality industry. Many students find these classes to be exciting, enriching and rewarding.
If you are interested in the cost of one of these courses, then it is a good idea to contact the school you plan on attending. Since there are so many schools that offer these classes, it is hard to determine an exact price for tuition. However, most students consider their tuition to be an investment into their future careers.
Students that take hotel management courses typically pursue jobs in the hospitality industry. Some work as administrators for hotels, while others manage the restaurant aspect of the business. Aside from these jobs, there are others who choose to focus their careers on tourism.
To enroll in a class, it is best to look online to find the one that is right for you.
Tourism and hospitality industry has emerged as one of the fastest-growing industries in the service sector. Hotel management graduates get a plethora of career opportunities. Big brands like Taj and Oberoi hire hotel management graduates from institutes such as IHM-Pusa, WGSHA, etc. IHM-Pusa, Mumbai and WGSHA are some of the top hotel management colleges in India.
Toppers Of 2019
Given below are the top-ranked hotel management colleges of India. The rankings have been published by National Institutional Ranking Framework for the year 2019.
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Nutrition (IHM Pusa), Delhi – This institute has managed to consistently prove its excellence. IHM-Pusa enjoys the position of top hotel management institute of India. IHM-Pusa has been ranked 1st by NIRF. It has also been awarded the top spot by Hindustan Times and Outlook.
- Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration (WGSHA), Manipal – WGSHA has bagged the second position, thanks to its placements, faculty members, and high-quality education. It has been ranked 2nd by NIRF.
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition (IHM), Mumbai – The next best hotel management college in India after IHM-Pusa and WGHSA is IHM Mumbai. It has been ranked 3rd by NIRF.
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bangalore – It is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India. IHM, Bangalore is an ISO 9001:2015 certified institute. This institute has been ranked 4th by NIRF.
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition (IHM), Hyderabad – The institute is affiliated to IGNOU. IHM, Hyderabad has been ranked 4th by Outlook and 5th by NIRF.